1. Pupils carry their work according to their abilities, their own time in the atmosphere of civics room.
2. He can work independently at his choice period.
3. There is scope for finding out things for himself. Knowledge gained thus shall be of his own. Self education is a real education. Self knowledge is a real knowledge.
4. It develops desire for learning. Thus they become real discovers of knowledge.
5. They get training in planning their work independently.
6. It brings change in their attitude.