Every body knows about Guava Fruit. But, very few are know about its medicinal benefits. It is easily available in Asian countries like India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bahrin, Bangladesh, Bhutan, etc. etc. and the prices are also very low then other fruits like Apple, Banana, Grape. But, the benefits of the Guava fruit are more than the other fruits. It is easily available in the villages. The Guava fruit plant is available almost all houses in villages of India and Pakistan. Properties of the Guava fruit is like the table
Common Guava, per 150 g of individual fruitportion
Moisture 133 g
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g (36%)
Protein 4.2 g (8%)
Fat 1.6 g (2%)
Ash 2.3 g
Carbohydrates 23.6 g (8%)
Calcium 30 mg (3%)
Iron 0.4 mg (2%)
Potassium 688 mg (20%)
Copper 0.4 mg (19%)
Beta-carotene(VitaminA) 1030 IU (21%)
Ascorbic acid(VitaminC) 377 mg (628%)
Thiamin(VitaminB1) 0.1 mg (7%)
Riboflavin(VitaminB2) 0.1 mg (4%)
Niacin(VitaminB3) 1.8 mg (9%)
Folic acid 81 mcg (20%)
There are 7 important medicinal uses of Guava
1. Guava fruit is better to use in a minimum quantity. If it is consumed more there will be stomach pain. It should be used with black pepper. pregnant ladies and children may use this without seeds with milk and honey.
3. If we drink the juice of young fruits amoebiosis, dysentery and chest pain will be stopped.
4. If paste of green leaves of guava tree is applied to pimples, pimples will be cured.
5. If the paste of green leaves and turmeric powder is applied to the head lice will die.
6. To cure skin diseases like itching and other diseases, make a paste of sprouts of leaves, corriander, turmeric, bitter ground and apply to the body, wait for sometime and bath with warm water.
7. Mouth ulcers will be cured, if gargled the juice of guava leaves with salt.